Recent Posts

Monday, March 7, 2011

Loving on YOU



This looks good, doesn't it?

Imagine, sitting on the table is a bowl of the freshest strawberries, grapes, and pineapples. The plate in front of you has shrimp linguini and a caesar salad as an entree. A bottle of Riesling chills in the bucket with wine glasses begging to be filled. Something is missing though….YOU.

And thats it….just you.

Don’t panic. Grab a paper bag if you need to and breathe into it. Contrary to popular practice….its okay to go out by yourself.

Taking yourself out on a date has to be one of the most relaxing things you can ever do. Some women get into the habit of waiting on Prince Charming to show them the best time of their lives that they waste time sitting idle instead of making that moment happen for themselves. Yeah we’ll go to the salon and get that fresh wash to rock while we grace the world with our presence…we’ll even go pick out that hot new nail color to put on your fingers and toes every two weeks. Retail therapy goes down MAYBE twice a month….but we let the self pampering stop there. NO!

Go all the way with it….take yourself out! Some women are afraid that it makes them look like a loser if they’re seen sitting by themselves in a restaurant, thats not necessarily true! Forget what everyone else is thinking for just a moment in your life and do you. Make your own dream date and do it! A little ego masturbation never hurt anyone! Sometimes you have to treat yourself to a good time and leave all others out of the equation. I’ve gone so far as to have booked myself a weekend getaway on the beach equipped with full spa treatment, dinner and breakfast, a shopping spree, AND watching the sunrise on the coast. Needless to say, I had a ball and came back more refreshed than ever! You can do it too!

I know everyone isnt for the New Years Resolutions and whatnot, but here is something I’m doing for myself in the year 2011. Im making a list of my Top 12 Dream Dates that I would love to go on…and guess what? I’m taking myself on them. I’m not eeeeven gonna write in an open space for a man on this list because who is to say that the space will be filled by someone worthy? Shoot this list is about me anyway and if I have to recruit someone else to give myself a good time we might have a problem. Well here is some of my list (in random order):

1) Go to see a play in a local theater, then follow it up by sitting in the lifeguard chair on the oceanfront relaxing in the depth of nature.

2) Candlelight dinner consisting of a home cooked meal, then riding down a country road listening to 90s slow jams.

3) Sitting in the car gazing at the stars and the autumn full moon.

4) DVD night watching my favorite television shows while pigging out on junk food.

Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera…

There is one dream date for each month of the year so that way I’m not slacking off one month looking crazy because I didn’t treat myself lol. But no more waiting on him to give me a good time! When I took myself out sometimes I noticed that I was approached even more by menfolk than if I were with a group of friends. Guys what are your first thoughts when you see a woman eating dinner or going out by herself? I can’t speak for men because I’m not one, so give us your thoughts here!

The moral of the story, ladies, is don’t be afraid to give yourself a good time. If you can’t enjoy your own company then how can you expect someone else to enjoy you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment